Monuments

Venture into the Moorish layout of the old town to reach a castle with a rock profile dating back to the 12th century; visit the rebuilt church at the end of the 18th century, or let yourself be surprised by the corners of its streets and squares

Church San Juan Evangelista

The primitive Church of San Juan Evangelista was built in 1508 on an old Mudejar mosque.

The temple gets its current appearance with the reconstruction at the end of the 18th century carried out by the brothers stonemasons Lucas and Antonio de Lastra, characterized by its humble and severe Baroque aspect oblivious to the pomposity of the eighteenth century.

 

Castle

This fortification traces its origins to the Islamic era, when a fortified structure is built on the so-called Peña Negra, which gave the original denomination to the Muslim population. Raised in a strategic point of the valley of Ricote, had a prominent role in the uprising of Yusuf Ibn Hud, the Muslim king of Murcia, against the Almohad invaders.

Hermitage of San Roque

It was built in honor of the local patron and owner of this, San Roque. Baroque style of the first half of the eighteenth century, it is a construction with three naves, the sides of lower height, covered with barrel vault, separated by pillars with arches, forming chapels. The cruise is covered with a hemispherical dome.

Family House of Don Carlos

Manor house dating from the late nineteenth century, its gardens were inspired by the Real Alcazar of Seville and also inspired by the Generalife of Granada. Originally from Madrid, Don Carlos González Gieger was known in the Ricote Valley, a place he loved. They were lovers of painting and photography and every time they had the chance they would escape from Madrid to come here.

House La Favorita

Great house belonging to Enrique Trenor and Lamo de Espinosas, Count of La Vallesa. It was built in the nineteenth century, with eclectic style decoration, is located in the middle of the orchard, near the Azud de Ojós.

House La Molineta

Suburban house in which its blue color stands out, its beauty contrasts with the fertile orchard that surrounds it, creating an idyllic landscape.

Theatre Victoria

Built in 1937, the façade consists of three axes, with the central one where two lookouts protrude from the façade with three windows each. At the end of the 90s it was restored and its modernized facilities were reopened in April 1999.

Twon Hall

Building of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Eclectic style with baroque reminiscences. It was acquired by the former mayor of Blanca, Julio Molina Núñez, in 1950, and expanded in 2001.

Inn House Conde de la Vallesa

Theinn Casa Conde de La Vallesais a nineteenth-centurymanorhouseof Enrique Trenor and Lamo de Espinosas, Countof La Vallesa. The mansion is Neoclassical style.

Cultural and historical routes of Blanca

Cultural Routes
X