Enter the History of our town through its most emblematic monuments
Built in the nineteenth century as a mansion of the family Enrique Trenór and lamo de Espinosa, Count of the Vallesa. It is a neoclassical building that during the Civil War served as a dining room for soldiers who arrived from the Canary Islands and was ceded to the City Council in 1997. It was restored and transformed into Rural Hostelery and had a restaurant of Basque cuisine of recognized quality.
Built in 1937, the façade consists of three axes, with the central one where two lookouts protrude from the façade with three windows each. At the end of the 90s it was restored, and its modernized facilities were reopened in April 1999.
In front of the main façade of the theater we find two sculptures belonging to the project Blanca villa del arte. On the left we can see the sculpture DANCER.
The primitive Church of San Juan Evangelista was built in 1508 on an old Mudejar mosque and was rebuilt between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. It stands out for its humble and severe baroque aspect, oblivious to the pomposity of the 18th century.
It is a rectangular temple, like its head, with three naves. The central nave is covered with a vaulted vault and the lateral naves with a barrel vault.
The paintings that decorate the church are frescoed and were made in 1968 by the Lorca painter Manuel Muñoz Barberán.
The Church had a Churrigueresque altarpiece from 1740, now disappeared. It also had a function pulpit with wooden stairs. In the choir there was a short octave organ, restored in 1909 by Enrique MassóTébar, which would be lost during the Civil War.
Building of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Eclectic style with baroque reminiscences. It was acquired by the former mayor of Blanca, Julio Molina Núñez, in 1950, and expanded in 2001.
This fortification is located on the Peña Negra of the Sierra de la Sierra del Solán, its origins go back to Islamic times (12th century). Raised in a strategic point of the Ricote Valley, it had a prominent role as a watchtower of permanent vigilance for the defense of the Valley carried out by the Muslims who populated the area, and as a refuge for the inhabitants of the place.
It is located in the area of “Las Canales” and was built in the seventeenth century. La Noria by MiguelicoNuñez was restored in 2002, once again fulfilling its function of extracting water for irrigation by the traditional system. Elevates the water of the Principal Acequia de Blanca has the peculiarity of housing the buckets that transport water on a single side of the crown.
In 2003 it was reopened after its restoration. Until the early 1970s it was used as a White Canoe Club, until the deterioration of the building caused it to be abandoned.
In the nineteenth century there were two public laundries, which in addition to its main function, were used as a meeting place and social gathering, where all kinds of events were discussed.
In 1,566 Blanca decided to build a suspension bridge, which is called “cradle”. It was made from esparto grass and wood, receiving the name for the movement that it had when it crossed. It was cited in 1794 as “artifact”. In the mid-nineteenth century is described by its difficulty at the time of crossing.
The 21stof April of 1946, already working the iron bridge, a flood (called “the Blessed one” to happen in Good Friday) takes the wood bridge, that then served as footbridge, not returning itself to reconstruct later.
The current bridge was built in 1934 by means of riveting, a technique that consists in the union of metal pieces through steel rivets and that fell into disuse in the sixties with the introduction of welding. Its construction was fundamental for the establishment of communications with the rest of the populations of the Ricote Valley.
The old Hydraulic Power Plant was restored and converted into a Museum and Interpretation Center for Water and Light in 2006. The White Tourism Office and the Nature Interpretation Center are also located there.
In its interior the hydraulic turbine is still conserved with which, thanks to water as motive energy, electricity was produced for the municipality of Blanca, this being the first town in the Region of Murcia to have electric light in the 20s.